Unicom History and IT Services
Unicom’s Unique Twenty Five Year History
In 1988 Gary Smith, owner and President of Unicom Technologies, decided to create a start-up technology company in Houston, Texas that would be solely focused on the nascent personal computer and it’s place on corporate desktops. Unicom did this by building user specified hardware and software devices, installing the custom equipment on corporate desktops and making those PC’s 100% compatible with IBM Mainframe and Mini computers over local and wide area communications networks.
In the early 1990′s Gary formed strategic business relationships with information technology corporations that were focused on financial software delivery to the banking industry. These relationships allowed Unicom to become the vendor of choice for banks and credit unions that were installing the new core banking software as they needed personal computers and communications infrastructure to interact with the new financial systems.
Unicom is now a business that provides IT equipment and services that address all hardware/software configurations and network inter-connectivity for financial institutions. Many of the people that joined Unicom in the early days are still with the company and every employee at Unicom understand the basic, compliant IT requirements of financial institutions.
Since the financial meltdown of 2008, one of the issues that all financial institutions face today is compliance with state and federal regulations. Recognizing the importance of compliance regulations, Gary has endeavored that all Unicom employees understand these demands and offer IT solutions that ensure that Unicom banks and credit unions are in full compliance with state and federal legislations.
Unicom’s offerings include:
- Management for all IP Network Devices 24×7
- Automatic patches, software updates, and other routine tasks
- Proactive desktop, server, and router maintenance
- Monitor and eliminate all unauthorized access attempts
- Provide regular performance reports and online access to network statuses.:
- Frequent onsite maintenance and checkups
- Thorough IT documentation of IT hardware, software, and network
- Consistent up to the minute updates to virus malware protection and applications
- Seasoned IT professionals available 24x7x365
- Emergency response time of 3 hours or less guaranteed
- Microsoft trained and certified
- 300+ man years combined IT industry experience